Work Driven By Mission
Coaching for Literacy’s mission is to use the power of sports to raise awareness about the problem of illiteracy and support literacy programs nationwide.
A Program That Executes The Mission
Coaching for Literacy's Fight for Literacy initiative empowers coaches, their teams and fans to make a more literate America by participating in awareness efforts, volunteer work and fundraising activities.
Host Fight for Literacy at their school
Provide volunteer and financial support
Give students the opportunity to become literate
To date, CFL has conducted the Fight for Literacy 75 times with 37 NCAA programs.
- Literacy Impact - We have supported more than 25 literacy organizations in 20 communities across 11 states.
- Student Impact - We have directly supported 8,000+ students.
- Press Releases - Our NCAA partners have shared 76 press releases exposing the cause of literacy and CFL brand to thousands of fans.
- Radio Interviews - During the 2015-2016 Fight for Literacy season CFL conducted 23 radio interviews spreading the message of literacy to thousands of listeners.
- Television Exposure - The program received prominent television on 13 occasions during the 2015-2016 season.